Sunday 12 October 2014

Amsterdam

The hype aside, Amsterdam in the Netherlands is a city of beauty. The architecture to say the least is second to none.
 
Of all the places in Europe I visited, Amsterdam would have to be a classic favourite. Amsterdam during the day is a very lazy town. I would walk down in the local streets and there would be a lot of individuals doing their daily shopping on little bikes. The town wouldn’t make much noise but little did I know that it was very far from the conservative side.
Amsterdam is the true Paris that you see in movies; the streets and the cafes give off a romantic vibe as slow pace music plays from the cafes and bars which gives the street lights an intriguing look.

My friend and I discussed what the first thing we were going to do when we arrived in this special town and we both came to one conclusion.



 The Bulldog Lounge:
 
As many know, the recreational drug marijuana is legal in the city of Amsterdam and my friend and I was going to abuse that law. In Amsterdam, “coffee shops” are known as cafes that sell cannabis through a menu, offering a variety of cannabis such as G13, Amnesia, Kush, Lemon Haze, Purple Haze, Hash, Bubblegum Kush and much more. These coffee shops can be found on nearly every street corner in Amsterdam as they offer more than just the happy bush but also cakes with THC which give off the same feeling. It is safe to say that my friends enjoyed their time here in every single way.


The Sex Show:
  
As it may be hard to believe, these “sex shows” in Amsterdam are very popular to tourists. It sports local couples in the area that come to these shows and offer a show to the audience. These shows involve a range of entertainment such as live sex right before your eyes! Other performances may include erotic dances as well as the use of erotic “toys” by the professionals that work there. Combined with cannabis and alcohol, this show is a definite must for any tourist no matter what their taste is in terms of tourism. I will know let you indulge in your own research of these live sex shows to you guys as it may get to explicit if I explain myself. As I was seated next to my girlfriend next to this show, she exclaimed that I enjoyed it too much.



The Red Light District:
As offensive as it may seem, prostitution is legal in Amsterdam and the famous red-light district, renowned to be one of the best red light districts in the world sport women who will fulfil any desire for only 50 Euros….. according to my tour guide… I swear. These red-light districts have two lanes, as degrading as sexists as it may appear, there is a “skinny lane” and “fat lane”, I will leave these two terms to your imagination. Many tourist walk past the famous street to take in the view and experience.  But enough of this, I will leave this also to your own research as it may get a little too explicit.



The Heineken Factory:
The famous beer Heineken, not my favourite beer but still a classic never the less. This brewery museum hosts many different activities as well as the history of beer and how it is brewed.

The factory has many interactive and playful rooms which gives people a fun experience. Taste checks are always a god send as the beer is brewed fresh and in the brewery whilst tourists sip away at the icy cold beverages.



Concluding the city of Amsterdam, there is a lot more to do as our 3 day holiday there was not enough. The impression you got from my article would give off Amsterdam as a scummy town with nothing but drugs, drinking and sex. But what most tourists miss on the city of Amsterdam is that it is a town of sheer beauty. The architecture is mind boggling as the streets design and colours really give off a beautiful European atmosphere. Amsterdam is truly a city that I will always remember and a repeat destination.  

POSTED BY: Matthew Lee

No comments:

Post a Comment